Jewish Persia relives in New York’s suburbs, sharing its neighbourhood with a growing Asian community
- Meet the Centre Communautaire Laic Juif of Brussels, Belgium, and its impressive work for genocide prevention and human rights awareness
- Budapest, Hungary: in Alyssa Petersel's book, twenty-one stories compose the mosaic of a vibrant Jewish life. Our review
- Walking down the street in the late summer days, as the sunlight slowly fades: thoughts about Rosh Hashanah
- Biblical sources may not define the role of women in public prayers as we are used to think.
- What is the relevance today of the basic rule of "Something that you don’t like to be done to you, don’t do to someone else"? Is this the true essence of Judaism?
- Year after year, Jews from all over the world fast the ninth of Av as a sign of mourn for the destruction of the Temple. How come, after so many centuries, we still remember this particular event? Above all, what (...)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1930 - The big trial had just ended. Judge Manuel Rodriguez Ocampo convicted 108 criminals with long sentences, forever disrupting the activities of the Zwi Migdal, the 30-year old, Jewish-run, most profitable prostitution ring in South America (...)
- And what if our hyper-connected world could provide us with opportunities to change the nature of Jewish-Muslim relations? We met Rahma: the result was a long conversation, much ike one of those epic Mizrahi style dinners that seem to never (...)
- Micah Goodman adds layers to Moshe as we know him, and explains how his last words introduced two huge revolutions, whose effects resonate with Jews and Israel today.